Frequently Asked Questions

Where are you ordained? 

I am ordained with Spirit of Love ministry  in Asheville, NC as well as with the Universal life Church.  

How do I get a marriage license?

You need to apply in person at the Register of Deeds office, in any county in NC: 60 days or less before your wedding date.  It is $60, and you will both need to bring your primary ID, as well as a copy of your birth certificate and your Social security card.  The license is valid for 60 days from issue.   Once they are signed by witenesses after the service, I will mail them in to the Register of Deeds office for filing.  You will be able to request certified copies from  after it has been filed, directly from the Register of deeds office.

Do you require a deposit?

Yes. I require a non refundable $50 deposit, that will go towards the final amount due. The deposit is required when we agree to work together, and to hold the date for you.

Do you officiate  LGBTQ+ weddings?

I do! I believe love is love , and want those persons to feel comfortable .  We can work together to find the right language .